Volunteer with us
Volunteering with the Mark Evison Foundation is another great way to bring out the best in you. The Foundation relies on the contribution of volunteers to carry out the work it does. If you are interested in coming aboard or having any questions about volunteering please contact us – we would love to hear from you.
Volunteer placements can be tailored to suit your interests, skills and availability. Furthermore, volunteers can often carry out much of the work from the comfort of their own home, with just the occasional trip to our office in Dulwich. All travel and lunch expenses are paid for by the Foundation.
Volunteering with the Foundation will also give you access to our excellent network of alumni and contacts in the charity sector and beyond.
It is also an wonderful opportunity to develop wide range of skills sought after by employers – and you’ll be contributing to the fantastic work of the Foundation.
What you will do
As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to carry out a wide variety of tasks. These tasks may include:
- Giving short presentations to our partner schools.
- Helping raise the profile of the Foundation.
- Publicising events and opportunities offered by the Foundation.
- Encouraging applicants for our awards.
- Providing mentoring to applicants.
- Maintain databases and contacting schools.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for individuals with the following:
- A passion for working with young people.
- A friendly personality and good inter-personal skills.
- A reliable and enthusiastic approach to work and an willingness to learn new skills.
- Good communication skills (over the phone and face-to-face).
- Good organisation skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Any experience of writing fundraising application is helpful, as is experience of PR, marketing and charity work.
Where we are
The Foundation’s office is based in Dulwich, London (SE21). We are just a 10 minute walk from North and West Dulwich Train Stations. Alternatively, we are a 15 minute bus from Denmark Hill Station and Buses 40, 176, 185 all stop within 5 minutes walking distance.
How to apply
To apply to become a volunteer simply send your CV and a brief statement (300 words max.) about yourself and the areas of work you would be interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers will be required to supply DBS paperwork, although we can help with this.